What is the course about?
Our 2 day approved Practical Action Learning Skills course provides delegates with an understanding of the principles and theories of Action Learning. The course includes several hours practice through active participation in an Action Learning Set.
Action Learning - A Brief Overview
Action Learning provides a unique way to solve business problems that are not easily solved by any other method. It involves a carefully designed blend of questioning, action and reflection.
By working with others and following the ‘rules’ of Action Learning individuals can:
- See new ways of tackling previously difficult projects or organisational challenges
- Work with others to achieve business or project goals
An Action Learning set normally includes approximately six to eight people and meets monthly.
Who is the course for?
Anyone wanting to understand more about action learning sets so they can:
- Decide whether to join an existing set.
- Develop an action learning plan for their organisation.
- Join an existing set or start a new one.
- Prepare for a role as set advisor.
People should ideally attend this course before starting as a set member.
After attending our Action Learning Skills course delegates will:
- Understand what Action Learning Sets are, why they are used and also who uses them.
- Be introduced to the 'rules' of Action Learning Sets.
- Understand the structure of Action Learning Sets.
- Understand the important questioning processes that take place in a set.
- Be able to provide feedback in a group.
- Understand and be able to perform the role of a set advisor.
- Understand and be able to overcome the challenges faced when setting up new Action Learning Sets.
- Understand how to ensure that their Action Learning Sets meet pre-agreed business and / or personal goals.
The best way to understand how Action Learning Sets work is to take part in one. That is why all or most of day 2 of the course is used to give each delegate practice as a member of an Action Learning Set or as a set advisor.
Before and After the course
We send our pre course questionnaires to all delegates attending our Practical Action Learning course. The responses are confidential - We use them (as much as possible) to make sure that the course meets the needs' of each delegate.
All delegates who have attended our Action Learning course are entitled to six months free telephone and email support after the course.