Helping your business...
We are keen to provide a complete solution to your skills development needs. Our consultancy services include:
Training development support
We can support you in developing own training material. This includes:
- Understanding the appropriate management and communication models that might best underpin the training
- Development of a training plan
- Development of course exercises and case studies
- Understanding the needs of the delegates, and gathering pre course information
We can provide this support to help your trainers develop effective training programs more quickly. This works best when trainers are either very experienced or have recently attended one of our Train the trainer courses.
Skills development strategy:
Your Directors or Management may see the need for increase in skills such as performance management, communications, assertiveness or customer care.
However it is not always clear what the real obstacles are to such an increase in skills. Obstacles can include:
- The prevailing company culture
- Lack of clear visible support or practical from senior managers or line managers
- Ineffective performance and appraisal processes
- The lack of internal emphasis on skills development
- Absence of team skills
- Poor communication within the organisation.
We can help by first understanding the business aims for your business or department. We then work with your staff and managers to identify any obstacles to further skills development. With your agreement we might also carry a detailed skills audit.
Then, in discussion with you, we outline a strategy to overcome obstacles, increase skills and thereby achieve real business benefits
Team Skills audit
If teams don’t seem to be effective we can conduct a skills audit with the team. We will usually use the Belbin team skills model to assess the skills of each team member.
We will feedback the results to the team and work with them in the development of a future skills strategy.