What is This Management course about?
Throughout UK industry many surveys have shown that successful businesses are those with '‘engaged' staff.
At the same time, employee surveys often highlight staff who are far from 'engaged'. Typical concerns from disengaged staff are: "The way we are spoken to" or "Our opinion doesn't count"
Often it doesn't need money to improve levels of engagement, just better management from their immediate manager.
Most people want regular constructive feedback from their manager. Too often everything is held back till the 'annual appraisal'. Managers who have regular discussions with individuals in their team can work wonders for morale and business improvement.
Often new managers don’t realise that it is their job to take many decisions, not just pass everything 'up the line'. This management course helps managers focus on decisions.
Who is the course for?
- People about to be appointed to a management role
- New managers early in their career
- Anyone with responsibility to manage and develop the job performance of others
- Managers who have been in their role for a few years and who want to refresh their skills in communication and performance management.
This management training course provides first line managers with the core skills needed in their day to day work.
It’s a very interactive and practical course which we will tailor to your specific needs.
The training has three main aims:
- To significantly increase the performance management skills of the attendees
- To improve the effectiveness of written and spoken communication
- To meet the needs of the organisation
Before and After the Programme
In addition to the pre course discussions, we also send our pre course questionnaires to all delegates.
The responses are confidential - We use them to (as much as possible) make sure that the course meets the needs of each delegate.
All delegates are also entitled to six months free telephone and email support after the course.
Our Essential Management Skills course is approved and monitored by the Institute of leadership & Management (ILM) (part of the City & Guilds Group).
Delegates on this course can receive an ILM certificate and a year's studying membership (additional fee £49+VAT)