What is the course about?
Sales staff and Consultants are often very good at face to face communication - The combination of confidence, charisma and quick thinking produces excellent verbal communicators.
However, they may see formal, written proposals as tedious and dull - A poor second to the fast paced world of sales meetings and presentations.
This is unfortunate. Whilst a good proposal will rarely by itself win business, a poor proposal can certainly lose business.
Who is the course for?
Managers and professional staff who send written proposals to either prospects and customers.
Proposals can be anything from a short document of two or three pages through to documents of 100+ pages.
Organisations providing complex or technical proposals have found this course particularly helpful.
A proposal needs to provide persuasive reasons for the customer to buy from your business rather than from the competition. It also needs to be clear, well written and visually appealing.
Our Proposal Writing Course will help delegates:
- To view the proposal as an important and necessary tool for winning business
- To write clear and persuasive proposals
- To match the proposal to the audience - In other words, produce client specific proposals
- Identify the areas of the proposal that are the most important to decision makers
- Understand how to effectively highlight the advantages of your products / services in a way that is specifically targeted to the customer.
- Develop a system for responding to tenders
- Use plain english that readers will quickly understand
- Ensure that the proposal is focused on sales and not overly technical
- Appreciate the importance of good proposal layout and presentation
Before and After the Course
We send our pre course questionnaires to all delegates.
The responses are confidential - We use them to (as much as possible) make sure that the course meets the needs of each delegate.
All delegates are also entitled to six months free telephone and email support after the course.