What is the course about?
For many people, planning and delivering a presentation is a very daunting task.
It can seem difficult to to maintain audience interest, deliver information, remain clear and focused while at the same time keeping your cool.
Our course will provide delegates with the skills to present clearly and with confidence.
We focus on preparing presentations, as well as delivering them - After all, a well prepared presenter is more likely to be confident.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone who needs to give presentations to groups of people.
- These can vary from occasional briefings to just 5 to 10 people, through to presentations to hundreds of people.
- Trainers who feel confident they can train but want to add some polish to their presentation style.
Our Presentation Skills Course will help delegates:
- To be confident and create impact right from the start of the presentation
- Overcome the nerves and anxiety that often accompany presenting
- To plan, prepare and structure presentations
- To understand the importance of setting clear objectives (and show them how to meet these objectives)
- To choose language and a style of presenting that suits the audience
- Understand non verbal communication
- To use visual aids and common presentation equipment in a way that enhances (not hinders!) a presentation
- To deal with questions and discussion
- To present technical and dry subjects in an interesting and informative manner
Practice, Practice, Practice!
The best way to be come a confident presenter is to practice. It also helps to not only receive clear feedback, but also 'see yourself in action'.
This is why we use video to record practice presentations. Some delegates relish this opportunity - others find this a little daunting. There is no need for these delegates to worry - While we record delegates presenting to the whole group, each individual will review only his or her presentation.
Before and After the Course
We send our pre course questionnaires to all delegates attending our Presentation Skills course. The responses are confidential - We use them to (as much as possible) make sure that the course meets the needs of each delegate.
All delegates are entitled to six months free telephone and email support after the course.